"Occupational hazards include possibility of death, likelihood of death, and certain death. You still in?"
-Captain Scorza Tovez, speaking to Sidon IthanoThe Gillilanders, also known as the Gillilander Gang, was a group of pirates that operated from the planet Abafar. Their flagship was a cruiser called the New Gilliland, and as of 2 ABY, Scorza Tovez served as captain.
Tylaros as captain Edit
Sometime prior to 2 ABY, the Weequay brothers Scorza and Sparjak Tovez, inspired by their uncle's tales of adventure as a member of the famous Ohnaka Gang, decided to become pirates. The captain of the Gillilanders at the time, a man called Tylaros, let them join his gang despite their lack of experience.
Several years later, Tylaros decided to retire. He chose Scorza Tovez as his heir, as he was the hardest-working member of the crew.
Scorza as captain Edit
One of Scorza's first actions as captain was making his brother, Sparjak, his first mate. However, not long after this, Sparjak decided to leave the Gillilanders in favor of becoming a mercenary. Scorza apparently took this event personally, and held anger against his brother because of it.
Known members Edit
- Tylaros, the captain of the New Gilliland prior to Scorza.
- Scorza Tovez, Weequay captain of the Gillilanders as of 2 ABY.
- Sparjak Tovez, Scorza's brother, who eventually left the gang to become a mercenary.
- Matc'hstik'shadoh, a Chiss swordsman who served as quartermaster.
- Vlad Yærtle, an insane Ishi Tib nicknamed "Mad Vlad".
- Torec Ar'Conn, a burly Zygerrian pirate.
- Wrench, a Yinchorri buccaneer.
- Yadoik, the Patrolian boatswain from Takodana.
- An unidentified member of the crew who served as a former boatswain's mate.
- Sidon Ithano, a Delphidian recruit who served as boatswain's mate.
- CLG-4335, an assassin droid repurposed as a bartender.
- Gonky, a GNK power droid made to serve drinks and work as a cabin boy.
Behind the scenes Edit
- The Crimson Corsair (first appearance)